Thursday, November 22, 2012

Jeez, universe. I wasn't serious.

What are the chances that L would go 62 days without a seizure and then get hit in the face with a door and have one - the day after I wrote about a stupid, heartless thought that had popped into my head?

Seriously.  How does that happen?  I feel like a horrible person even though I know they aren't actually related.  Because this happened once before.  L once had a seizure the very same day I gave a report to my school community about how he had been doing so well for the past 3 weeks and thanking everyone for their prayers. 

I obviously have to learn to keep my big mouth shut.  Or at least be more careful with him whenever I get the urge to blab.


8 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry. It's not your fault for wanting to share something with us. You were glad it hasn't happened in a while - we understood and were happy for you.

    I hope he didn't get hurt too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xae. He had a fat lip and a long nap and he was as good as new afterward.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you think like I do. I always wonder what I am doing wrong for all the bad things to happen to my family. The answer is nothing, mama. You're being a good mom and being happy for your child (and yourself - it's okay, you're entitled). Glad he is okay, and I hope it's a very, very, very long time before you have to experience anything like this again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Silly to blame myself, I know. In my mind, I know I'm not actually all-powerful, but in my heart it still feels like I should be, at least when it comes to my boys.

      Delete
  3. Oh, man. I can't believe it...except I can because that's always how things go. I'm sorry. :( Hopefully it will be a long time until the next one and they will just keep getting farther and farther apart until they are gone.

    (Last winter I remarked out loud that everyone in my family had been well without any sickness...then over the next 2 months every last one of us got pneumonia one right after the other. Stupid universe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughh.. what a nightmare! And I hate how one person gets sick after the other like that, so the house never feels healthy for months.

      Delete
  4. I am with you. The moment I think, "These blood sugars seem to be ok! I must have figured something out" they get all messed up. Also true for my skin. As soon as, "Hey I seem to have finally outgrown getting pimples" ---> BOOM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah.. adult acne always waits until it least expected. ;)

      Delete