Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

We don't do the traditional Turkey dinner around here, but Thanksgiving is still special for our family (read: me) because it's the opening day of the Holiday season.   I love Christmas. 

After we put up the tree, we always take time to do the obligatory/awkward Thanksgiving, "What are you thankful for?" roundtable discussion (M: Christmas tree, L: crib).  But mostly, it's all about Christmas.

So last week we put up the tree, made hot cider, and dusted off the Christmas playlists.

I was going to lie and say that I had Christmas carols on as I was typing this, but it's not true.  Horrible Christmas lies.  I wish I did, but I had to turn them off to type this because I can't think with music on.  (So sad... I could never turn on some music and study, like the cool kids are supposed to do in college.)  But as soon as I hit publish, I'll be back to Glee Christmas medleys. 

You think you're the kind of laid-back parent who won't rearrange the ornaments, then this happens...

My little elf!

That last picture of L reminded me of one of my other favorite Christmas season traditions. 

Elf yourself!!

Now I know how I'll be spending the rest of my evening!  Merry Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. Elf Yourself!!! I'd forgotten about that!! Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I fall in love with it. The genius is that since it's only a month or so out of the year, you never get tired of it and it always seems so clever and silly.

      Delete
  2. And I'll look into Glee holiday music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good thanksgiving. Lennon looks adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What could be cuter than a santa hat and striped size 6-9 month jammie pants?

      Delete
  4. I can't listen to music either! Especially with math homework. Nothing will make me want to throw a textbook across the room more than having to study where you can hear someone else's music.

    It totally sucks because it always looked like so much more fun. Plus, it means I have a hard time reading if the tv is on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst is that in the same vein, I can't keep tracking with my own conversation if people near me are having a too-loud or too-animated conversation. People at the lunch table at work always look at me weird when I plug one ear or use my hand as a blinder. But the alternative is trailing off every sentence or two as I get sucked in by competing voices!

      Delete