Sunday, November 25, 2012

faux-tella

M never complains about the foods he can't eat.  Not ever.  He is such a sweet, good boy.
 
The other day he asked for Nutella at the grocery store.  He used to get it as a treat sometimes before, especially Nutella and marmalade sandwiches when he was sick, so I'm not surprised that he remembered it.  I knew he wouldn't whine or complain when I said, "Sorry buddy."  And he didn't -not even a pouty lip.  Somehow the fact that he is so good about it makes it that much harder to say no.

So this morning I made some super easy fake Nutella for his breakfast.  Just some chocolate chips blended into our regular sunflower seed butter.  Good enough for us!

I got one sharper, happier-looking picture, but his hair was in his food. Yuck!



10 comments:

  1. Such a smart idea! Go you for figuring this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meredith. Even though it was an easy-fix, I was proud of myself. One day he may not be so easy to dissuade. I hope that by then, we've been able to show him that our own alternatives aren't so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! Of course I love the use of sunflower seed butter since I blog for the SunButter brand, but as a fellow mom always looking for new creations, I'm eager to try this with our kiddos. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Elisabeth! I love SunButter- wish I could find it here. How lucky you work for them. I bet you get delicious free samples. We use it for everything, even cookies and dessert hummus. Mmmmm!

      Delete
  4. Awww so sweet! What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did feel pretty clever. ;) He liked it, but he wasn't over the moon for it or anything, though. We'll have to see if he asks for it again.

      Delete
  5. THIS IS AWESOME!!! My son can't eat real Nutella, but he could eat your version! I bet he would love that! It never crossed my mind to try to make it like that! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a little pudding your son is! i love him. i am glad he got his fix. i bet we've already met over justin's nut butters. i am sorry i don't remember if they're OK. i love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did a quick google-peek on Justin's... we'll have to check those out. The little packets look awesome. I'd love to be able to send something like as a snack next year when Miles starts kindergarten.

      Delete