Wednesday, November 21, 2012

All toes intact and all is well

Yesterday, as I was riding home from work, I was thinking about how L hardly ever has seizures anymore.  I am so thankful, and grateful, and relieved.

So I have no explanation for how or why the following thought popped into my head: Hmm... what am I going to blog about now?

Horrible!  What a horrible thought that sneaked so stealthily into my mind.  As if it was worth him having seizures so I could have something to blog about.  I was shocked that something so base could come from my own L-loving heart.

Besides, it's total BS.  There's always something to blog about.  Case in point: Today, while he was in the grocery store cart, L reached toward giant display of knife sets for sale.  I moved the cart to keep them out of arms' reach and somehow in the process managed to knock over the entire display of knives, including the rolling counter they were set up on.  It was like a cartoon  - the whole display started tipping toward me in slow motion, and as I tried to right it, one by one knives were slipping out of the blocks and clattering to the floor all around me.

Who needs seizures, when I can write about my own heart attacks and near death-by-gin-ji-knife experiences?


And if that hadn't happened?  Well, I'd have written about how L locked himself in here for 15 minutes this afternoon, while the staff insisted there was no key.

And then opened it himself just as they found the key that they did actually have and started to put it in the lock.

See?  There's always something to write about.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! The knife incident sounds scary. Glad you're both alright.

    And you're right. You'll always have something to blog about with those cuties around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Miles couldn't believe we made it out unharmed. He was frantic - did you get cut? Is Lennon bleeding?

      Delete
  2. Good God almighty, I almost had a heart attack myself reading your knife display story=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so done after that! My husband tried to take my mind of it by showing me crockpots, but my nerves were shot to ribbons!

      Delete
  3. Haha this is a great post!

    I HATE when my head plays mean tricks on me and sneaks in mean thoughts at inappropriate times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally it! My head is trying to make me look bad!

      Delete
  4. HA great story, well now that I know it has a happy ending....wherein nobody was cut by flying knives!
    That Lennon sounds like he keeps life interesting, which goes along with why I love little boys! I had three at one time, but now they are not so little anymore...But my oldest is soon to be a father of twin boys YaY!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you don't mind if I follow yours! By the way, I lived in Bangkok when I was 5, it's where my youngest brother was born.....Military dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I loved all those cute kids' answers- it made me want to interview my boys and ask them about how to make some of our favorites. How cool that you lived in Bangkok. Do you remember it?

      Delete
  5. Who needs seizures when you have 200 knives hurling toward you! YIKES!!! With two adorable boys, you will have plenty to blog about for the next....oh...15 to 20 years no problem! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Not only to they make my life complete, they make my blog complete ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi Tobin, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Finding the Funny.

    I think this is my first time here, and I have to say I love it! You're very funny. If almost being impaled by a million knives and your child locking himself somewhere he almost can't be retrieved from can be funny.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet (but I'm thinking now maybe you have???), I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've visited. I remember that beautiful freckly face in your banner. :) I'll have to have another peek today.

      And no worries - I had a friend in school named Tobin. Great guy!

      Delete