Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Will run for breasts

This Sunday, M and I will be racing in our first mother-son fun run: the "Wienna Run For Breast Charity" road race.  

I found out about the Jog and Joy racing site from another Bangkok mom-blogger over at Toddle Joy.  I used to be a distance runner and even ran a few marathons back in college.  It's been years since I've done any running, though, so neither of us are ready for anything serious.  The first race listed is coming up this weekend, and it happened to have a 1.8 km category.   Perfect!  We signed up today and even got our racing bibs.

Can't wait for Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on your run. I haven't run in a while either - it's hard getting back into it, but definitely worth it for a good cause! Your boys are darling - I love their hair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. You know just what to say to a Mama of rascally, long-haired boys. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the posts and hope the run goes great! Nice to see you with your blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my blogging inspiration, Claudia! You know I never would have started one if it wasn't for you.

      Delete
  3. How fun and special to do it with your sweet boy:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I do think it will be fun.
      As long as I don't end up carrying him, I will count it a success. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, how fantastic! What a great thing to do together.
    I bet you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful. And what a great cause to do that for. :)

    ReplyDelete