Wednesday, September 26, 2012

lessons from Pinterest

He was excited.  A balloon AND science?
Emboldened by our awesome pinterest-inspired science activity earlier this month, I couldn't wait for M to ask to "do science" again.  I had already found the perfect thing:  Baking soda/vinegar balloons.

No, the balloons don't fly (she never said they did, but that's Pinterest for you!) but M remembered the baking soda and vinegar combination, and the addition of the balloon guaranteed a success.

The balloon blew up by itself!





































It was a hit, and I had this takeaway:  If someday, against all odds, some particular post from my blog goes viral on Pinterest and everyone misquotes me and then people come here and post complaints about it, I am going to channel this woman.  What a gracious response.

4 comments:

  1. Is Miles wearing a blankie-cape in this picture? Too cute!

    A girlfriend found a whole day's worth of activity ideas on Pinterest...I really need to find more time to spend on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is full of ideas, but it's like a black hole for time. You have to have a plan to get in, get what you want, and get out before you've lost an entire evening! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like fun and it will save me from having to rent that expensive helium tank for my daughter's birthday party! Score! ;)

    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. You knew someone was going to do that sooner or later and I thought, "Why not me?"

    Miles is the most adorable scientist I have ever seen! --Lisa




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, Lisa!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

      Delete