Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cinnamon pumpkin seed butter

Shh!  I had to use the empty seed packet because
I forgot to take the the picture before I started.
It's almost October, and in Bangkok, there is no such thing as Fall weather. So we fake it with air conditioning and fall food.

A little bit of cinnamon and honey turned our staple pumpkin seed butter into a fall treat.

One packet of pumpkin seeds (pre-shelled unless you're crazy) blended with a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a crank of sea salt, and a splash of coconut oil. Very precise of course!

I ate it with sliced apples and imagined brisk Washington autumns.

I will make it this way from now on, but only until February.  Fake-fall food in Spring?  Ridiculous!




4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Adding pumpkin seeds and coconut oil to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!! Usually I prefer sunflower seed butter, but the fall vibe was just what I wanted. If you're worried about cinnamon for Gio, it's plenty good without. My boys like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm not much of a cook, so I never have very interesting recipes to share. But when it comes to snacks, we've all got a few tricks up our sleeves. ;)

      Delete