Sunday, August 26, 2012

flowerfood

I've said before how I was never really a health nut until my kids forced me into it.

Case in point: Flowerfood brand sunflower seed bars.  These are everywhere here in Thailand.  I have seen them in the store a million times and never bothered to pick one up.  Actually, that's not true.  I picked one up once, looked at the ingredient list with a raised eyebrow, and then put it back because I assumed it would be bland and boring.  Their additive free stance actually turned me off!  And I like sunflower seeds!  Have I mentioned how lucky I am that these boys opened my eyes?

Whim bought one of these last week during a rare out-of-the-house snack emergency.  This time I looked at it with new eyes - it's additive-free, portable, and look at all that honey.  The kids will love it!  Although I want them to be comfortable eating foods that are different from their peers, there's nothing wrong with letting them have a snack that looks like their friends' from time to time.

The funny thing is, I've had my eyes peeled for these since then and haven't seen them once.  Isn't that how it is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment